THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED
Congratulations to our winner, Samantha R of Mayfield, NSW
Terms and Conditions
1. By entering this promotion, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
2. The Promoter of this promotion is LGSS Pty Limited (ABN 68 078 003 497), as Trustee for Local Government Super (‘Active Super’), located at Level 12, 28 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000 and contactable at (02) 9333 3000, and includes any of its related bodies corporate.
Who can enter?
3. To be eligible to enter, entrants must:
- Be an Australian resident,
- Be 15 years of age and over, and
Not be a director, officer or employee (or immediate family including spouse, de-facto partner, parent, sibling or child) of the Promoter, supplier or agency directly associated with the promotion.
How to enter
4. The promotion commences 12:01am Australian Eastern Standard Time (AEST) on Wednesday, 25 May 2022 and entry closes 11:59pm AEST on Tuesday, 21 June 2022 (Promotion Period).
5. To make a valid entry, entrants are required to explain, in 25 words or less, what their top super tip is at tax time, in the box provided during the Promotion Period.
6. Entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason.
7. Entry is free. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person.
Promoter’s rights with respect to entries and entrants
8. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to:
- verify the validity of any entry and the identity of entrants (including an entrant's name, age and place of residence).
- to disqualify any entrant who:
- Submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions; or
- tampers with the entry process.
- accept in its absolute discretion any entries that contain errors or omissions.
9. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law:
- to disqualify any entrant;
- to disqualify any Entry; or
- subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to take such steps as the Promoter considers reasonably necessary to address the interference or change of circumstances which may include modification, suspension, termination or cancellation of the promotion.
- 10. All entries become the property of the Promoter, and may be used in the Promoter’s promotional or marketing materials.
11. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. A winner will be selected at Active Super, Level 12, 28 Margaret Street, Sydney NSW 2000 at 11:00am AEST on Wednesday, 22 June 2022.
13. This is a game of skill.
14. All valid entries will be individually judged (by representatives of the Promoter) on their merits based on their creativity and originality. The best entry, as determined by the judges, will receive an Apple Watch Series 7 OR Garmin Venu 2 Plus Watch valued at up to $700
15. The prize winner will personally be notified by email. The winner's name will be published on activesuper.com.au/EOFY-win by Friday 24 June 2022.
16. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspect of this promotion including with respect to any aspect of the draw and the prize-winner is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. By accepting the prize, the prize winner agrees to cooperate with the Promoter in regard to further promotion, marketing and publicity purposes.
17. There will be one prize winner.
18. The winner will have a choice of an Apple Watch Series 7 OR Garmin Venu 2 Plus Watch.
19. The maximum prize value is AU$700.
20. The prize is not funded out of the assets of any superannuation fund.
21. Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable, and cannot be taken as cash.
Unavailable and unclaimed prizes
22. If any prize is unavailable due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
23. If any prize is unclaimed by Friday 1 July 2022 and the winner is not contactable, the next eligible entry will be selected on Monday 4 July 2022 at the same time of day and place as the original draw, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority. The new winner will be contacted via email . The winner’s name will be published on activesuper.com.au/EOFY-win by Wednesday 6 July 2022.
24. If for any reason this promotion does not run as planned by the Promoter or is likely not to run as planned by the Promoter, the Promoter may take such steps as it considers reasonably necessary to manage the risks associated with the divergence which may include modification, suspension, termination or cancellation of the promotion.
Privacy and consent of the entrant
27. The entrant is solely liable for the costs they may incur in entering the promotion and claiming the prize.
28. This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or any other social network. The information an entrant provides will only be used for the purposes outlined in these Terms and Conditions. Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition must be directed to the Promoter and not to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram or any other social network. Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram or any other social network will not be liable for any loss or damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained by an entrant as a result of participating in the competition (including taking/use of Prize), except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
No Liability of the Promoter
29. Neither the Promoter nor its officers, employees or agents are liable for:
- a personal injury or distress caused by a prize; or
- any loss, damage or expense (including loss of opportunity) suffered directly or indirectly as a result of entering or winning the promotion, except for injury, loss, damage or expense caused by the fraud, gross negligence or breach of contract by the Promoter.
30. The types of liabilities contemplated by the sub-paragraphs directly above include, but are not limited to, technical difficulties, equipment malfunction, theft, unauthorized access, an entry or prize claim which is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected due to an act or omission beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, or tax liability.
31. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limited, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Law Act 2010 (Cth), as well as any other implied warranties under any similar consumer protections laws in the State and Territories of Australia.